ABRIDGED CV FOR ELDER A. A. ONUKAOGU
|Elder A. A. Onukaogu (JP)
. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH CERTIFICATES
A. Government College, Umuahia 1966 – 1972 – Div. 1 WASC
B. Government College, Umuahia 1972 – 1974 – HSC 4 papers
C. University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 1974 – 1978 BA (Hons) English
D. University of Calabar, Calabar,1980 – 1980 MA English
. CONTRIBUTIONS TO INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
a. 1990 successfully organized a training workshop in conjunction with the Polycal Continuing Education Centre on Oral English for Secondary School teachers in Cross River and Akwa Ibom States. This workshop put money in the coffers of the institution and improved the quality of manpower in the two States.
b. In 1995 organised the Premier Conference of the School of Communication Arts. This conference attracted scholars from across the country.
c. Organised the first conference in General Studies in Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, 2003
d. Organised the second conference in General Studies in Abia Polytechnic, Aba, 2004
e. Former Editor in Chief of Journal of Research in General Studies, JORGS published by the Centre for Preliminary and General Studies of then Polytechnic, Calabar.
f. Has founded Journal of Contemporary of Issues in General Studies, published by School of General Studies of Abia State Polytechnic, Aba.
g. Proposed and conducted a workshop for all staff of this institution on Research Documentation.
i. 1994 Use of English for Polytechnic & Other Colleges Calabar: ButBas.
ii. 1994 Communication in English for Polytechnics and other Colleges Calabar: Bon Universal.
v. 1998 English for Tertiary Education Calabar: Bon Universal.
vi. 1999 Evaluating Literature: A Book of Readings, University of Calabar: Association for Popular Culture.
vii. 2004 Appreciating the Craft of Literature Aba: Assemblies of God Press.
viii. 2009 (Onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu) 21st Century Nigerian Literature: An Introduction Text. Ibadan: Kraft
ix. 2010 (Onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu) ) Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: the Aesthetics of Commitment and Narrative: Ibadan: Kraft.
x. 2011 Reminiscences on the Faith: A Compilation of Speeches Delivered by Allwell Abalogu Onukaogu. Ibadan: All Stars
xi. 2011 Onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu) Chinua Achebe at Eighty: Commemorative Essays. Ibadan: Kraft.
xii. 2011 onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu, Onyekwere Okpara and Ikenna Anyanwu) Communication and National Development; Fundamentals and Applications). Aba: Leadership
xiii. Onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu and Onyekwere Okpara). Literary Appreciation: A Demonstrative Reader. Aba; Leadership.
xiv. At the request of the Cross River State Government, led s team of Lecturers from the University of Calabar, the State School System and the former Polytechnic Calabar, to produce:
xv. Crisis in Nigeria’s Education: An Inaugural Lecture 2009, Abia State Polytechnic
(a) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Junior School Certificate English 1, Calabar: for Cross River State Government by Heinemann.
(b) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Junior school Certificate English 11, Calabar: for Cross River State Government by Heinemann.
(c) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Junior School Certificate English 111, Calabar: for Cross River State Government by Heinemann.
(d) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Senior School Certificate English 1, Calabar: for Cross River State Government by Heinemann.
(e) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Senior School Certificate English 11, Calabar: for Cross River State Government Heinemann.
(f) Onukaogu, A. A. et al (2005), Senior School Certificate English 111, Calabar: Cross River State Government by Heinemann.
(g) Editor Nigeria Literature Today.
B. Journal Articles
i. 1992 “The Language of the Mass Media and the Teaching and Learning of English” in Developing Communication Skills in English Language (Ed) Prof. Dele Orisawaji.
ii. 1993 “Literature as a Marginalized Component of Language in the General Studies Programme of Polytechnics”: the Need for Change in Journal of Research in General Studies Vol. 1 No. 1.
iii. 1994 “Examining Newswatch Preface and Olatunji Dare on Tuesdays” in Journal of Research in General Studies Vol. 2 No. 1.
iv. 1994 “Use of Dictionary” in Fundamentals of Communication in English (Ed) Prof. David Eka.
v. 1995 “Religious Broadcasting Matching the message to the Medium” in Foundations to Communication Studies (Ed) Bassey B. Daniel.
vi. 2002 “Forward” to Over My Dead Body by R. Otu, Calabar.
vii. 2002 ‘Literery Development, the Mass Media and Government: Unfortunate Trends in Cross River and Akwa Ibom State” in Literacy and Reading in Nigeria Vol. 9 11.
viii. Onukaogu & Onyerionwu , 21st Century Nigeria Literature Editor Nigerian Literature Today.
ix. 2003 “The Parable as an Oral Form that can Enhance Pedagogy in ICALEL Series (Ed) Dr. Grace Okereke.
x. Onukaogu, A. A. & Ezechi Onyerionwu. Nigerian Literature today: A Journal of New Nigerian Writing. No 1, Vol. 2
6. COMMUNITY SERVICES
a. WAEC Chief Examiner in Oral English 1988 – 1994
b. WAEC English Language Team Leader 1980 – date
c. External Examiner/Assessor, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
d. External Examiner/Assessor, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Afikpo.
e. Member Board of Trustees, Life Covenant Gospel Mission, Calabar
f. Member, Lions Clubs International
g. Member, Reading Association of Nigeria, RAN
h. Member, International Reading Association, IRA
i. Cabinet Member District 404A Lions Club International
j. Past President Calabar Paradise City Lions Club.
. AWARDS/HONOURS & CHIEFTAINCY TITLES WITH DATES
1. Diamond Father (Students Union Government Abia State Polytechnic, Aba) 2006/2007.
2. Omehie Obodo 1 of Ngwa (By Eze Ikonne of Ngwa Land) 2007
3. Best Labour Friendly Rector of the Year (By Non-Academic Staff Union of Abia State Polytechnic NASU) 2007
4. Best Rector of the Year (By National Association of Polytechnic Students NAPS) 2007
5. Award of Immense Contributions (National Association of Science & Technology Students NASTES) 2007
6. Award of Recognition (NFCS, Abia State Polytechnic) 2007
7. Distinguished Grand Defender of the Year (Defenders of Peace) 2007/2008
8. Ochiagha 1 of Ohuhu Clan (By Ohuhu Clan Umuahia) 2008
9. Award of Excellence “Most Creative & Constructive Administrator” (Students Union Government, Abia State Polytechnic) 2008/2009
10. Best Rector of the Year South-South/South-East (Peace International) 2008/2009
11. Enyioha 1 of Ekeoba (By Oba 1 of Ekeoba) 2009
12. Professional Manager (Nigerian Institute of Management)
13. Nna Oha nke Mbu (Entire Brother’s Forum NFCS SEDES SAPIENTIAC Seat of Wisdom)
14. The Most Creative and Active Rector (Abia State Polytechnic Ladies Forum)
15. Excellence Performance in Service (Nigeria Association of Computer Science Students NACOSS)
16. Support Award (Nigerian Society of Engineers, Aba Branch)
17. Award of Merit (National Association of Isiukwuato Students NAIS)
18. First Life Patron (Oha na Eze Ndigbo, Aba South Chapter) 2009
19 Ambassador for Peace of the United Nations (POLAC) 2010
20. Patron ICPC/NAVC 2011
21. Lay President, Diocese of Umuahia East, Methodist Church Nigeria 2011
22. Fellow Nigerian Institute of Management 2011